I’d like to report an assault. Oakley has managed to infiltrate the LAPG website. Long time shoppers might recall seeing the brand way back in the day. If so, that would have been over three years ago.
In my brief stint at the LAPG offices I remember bringing up the brand for one reason or another and was told Oakley was a bad word. I don’t know the details but I imagine some sort of tactical slap fight and someone’s jimmies were rustled. It’s unknown if the slappers were wearing Oakley gloves or not.
If so, it’s likely they were equipped with the Oakley SI Assault Glove. Evidently, what ever happened is water under the bridge because as mentioned, the Oakley Brand is back in full effect at LA Police Gear.
The performance of this glove caught the eye of the U.S. military, which had Oakley upgrade the original invention by adding a full-grain leather palm with micro venting. The all-weather design combines optimal shielding with the comfort of breathable mesh and the airflow of rubber exhaust ports.
Airprene on the joints improves breathability and flexibility while four-way stretch panels ensure a precise fit. The mid-height cuff won’t restrict movement, and it utilizes Airprene to help eliminate sweat buildup.
Lots of tech built into each glove. Pictured above are pairs in New Khaki and Coyote for an obvious contrast in the two colors. The other to color choices are Foliage Green and Black.
No matter the color, each glove is shielded with carbon fiber knuckle plating topping off an aggressive design that is durable enough for the military or the mountain.
- Durability and comfort of Pittards® full-grain leather palm with micro venting
- Fit and flexibility of four-way stretch material and Airprene joint panels
- Nonrestrictive Airprene mid-height cuff with secure Velcro® closure
- Flexible articulated construction
- Comfortable breathability of mesh zones and rubber exhaust ports
- Shielding of carbon fiber knuckle plating
- Secure grip of Unobtainium® on fingers
- Textured pull for easy donning